Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lots of crafting, not so much with the blogging...


I have been neglectful of this little blog here, but for good reason...I've been crafting up a storm! Most of my crafts end up as gifts in other houses but I was really needing something for my own space. I reworked an yard sale lampshade using the tutorial in Celine Dupuy's beautiful book, "Simple Sewing with a French Twist" (a gift from my sister Kellie). It was a vast improvement from the previous shade which was covered in some scary barky stuff. I pulled this off and just recovered it with some scrap fabric from my stash, hurray for no cost home improvements!
I also made a pillow for the living room using fabric from a vintage apron pattern.  The pattern instructions were printed directly on the fabric. I liked the idea of working the lettering into the actual design and I'm so happy with how it turned out, I only wish I had more of it! The pillow now lives on a chair below our ACL Festival poster, and the colors couldn't be a more perfect match...also fitting is the print looks like little mandolins :) :) :)



-M

No comments: