Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's Birthday Season (Part 1)

Beginning in July I start to feel overwhelmed with birthdays; both sisters and my brother have birthdays within a few weeks of each other, then my dad, 3 of my close girl friends, then James, and my godson. It doesn't let up until Christmas and then, well, then that's a whole new slew of gifts. 

I've been challenged to use only what I have on hand lately and I'm really happy with what I've been able to come up with...and also a little alarmed at the amount of crap I have stockpiled. 

My friend Jill received the below gifts recently, they seemed to be a big hit and I was quite pleased with myself ;)
Vintage-y compact, rub-on letters, rhinestones...
Background of lettering is a piece from an old watercolor.

How did I have a "J" for Jill button just laying around? It was serendipitous! All are vintage buttons except for the fuschia one. The cork was from a tile that would not stay on the wall.

4 teeny pillows filled with lavender from a long ago project. Finding 4 pieces of fabric in my stash that coordinated this well made me so happy. The leather cord is a belt from a skirt circa 1999...

The whole shebang; the basket once held garlic from Trader Joe's :)

-M

No comments: