Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Last Supper (of the summer)


We've had a nice little heat wave this last week and it put me in the mood for something summery for dinner. I used what I had on hand, it was fast, and we have plenty of leftovers...that's the best kind of meal!
Polenta with Sausage, Greens, and Tomatoes
Enough polenta for 2 people (I use the loose grain style) cook and set aside.
1/2 chopped onion, cook in olive oil until translucent.
Enough greens (I used the Trader Joe's 'grab bag') to fill up the pan, toss with onions until wilted.
1/2 can of whole tomatoes, and a few spoonfuls of the juice, toss in with greens and onions. Toss continuously.
Remove veggies and juice from the pan and set aside. Toss in 2 sliced sausages (I used pre-cooked chicken sausage, spicy italian flavor), brown each side.
Dump veggies and juice back into the pan on top of the sausage, cook until everything is heated.
Serve on top of the polenta.
Eat up...and let me know if you try it!

-M

No comments: