Thursday, September 25, 2008

I'm back!






It's been awhile but I'm back and I have a lot to blog about! I had a lovely vacation; I got to see my brother and sisters and it really made me wish we all lived closer. I also got to see my niece and meet my new nephew, which made me remember how much I love being an aunt. I went not only to Iowa, where most of my family resides, but to New York City where my youngest sister lives. I basically shopped and ate the entire trip. Thrift shopping in the midwest reminded me that things are still fairly priced outside the Bay Area ($4 aprons...sigh).
Hitting the Hell's Kitchen and Brooklyn flea markets reminded me how much I love living outside a city like San Francisco :) I came away with some really amazing treasures from both places.
It was great to get away from everything and exactly what I needed to feel inspired again.

-M

1 comment:

Dykstra Family said...

I'm glad you had such a great time. I forgot about the aprons! We love and miss you.
kellie